Scripture Commentary

The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. Song of Songs 2:12

Monday, October 15, 2012

Rise Above It All

As for me, I will look to Yahweh, I will wait for Elohim, my salvation, who hears me. 
Micah 7:7 ...BE

The first six verses of this chapter pretty well reflect our current political scene. It begins with "Woe is me.." then goes on to complain about the bickering among leaders and perversion of public service. The prophet advises caution about speech and enemies within one's closest circles. Do we never hear good news? Has nothing changed since Y'shua of Nazareth walked upon the Earth and suggested, with his life, that we love one another? Love is patient and kind. It doesn't throw mud or look for iniquity under every pebble. I can almost see Micah heading to the poles, waiting for that still voice within him to guide his vote. Not only does the Holy One hear our questions, but we can trust in the salvation of divine answers. Shalom, Mother BE

See a list of my books and articles at www.woodlily.org and order at Amazon.com/Kindle. Thanks.
Photo by Ken Brin

No comments:

Post a Comment